Our ‘Practical Life’ area is constantly changing. The purpose and aim of Practical Life activities are to help the children gain control in the coordination of their movement and help the children to gain independence and adapt to society.
This weeks’ Practical Life shelf looks a little like this.
- Transferring rice from a pouring jug into small egg cups, in the direction of left to right.
- Folding materials.
- Transferring wooden animals from a cotton wool holder into a glass jug, in the direction of left to right.
- Spooning rice from one container to another, in the direction of left to right.
- Dressing frames.
- Pouring pasta shells from one jug to another, in the direction of left to right.
- Matching lids, matching different sized lids with the correct containers.
- Pegging, pegging pegs onto the outside of a bucket, to improve the children’s pincer grip.
- Grating, grating carrots and broccoli.
- Matching patterns, different material swatches.
- Transferring cotton wool balls from a cupcake case, using tweezers in the direction of left to right.